What to write in a Greeting Card
Writing a greeting card can be daunting! Our writers have years of experience in knowing which words to use for each occasion, and how to write greeting card sentiments in a way that they speak to the receiver. Here are some handy, and free, greeting card messages for your to use!
Start with something simple, then personalise, the add your closing.
How to Start your ‘Happy Birthday Wishes’
- Happiest of Birthdays to you [name]
- Today is a celebration about you [name]
- [name], may today be filled with joy and love
- [name], may this birthday be one to always remember
- Enjoy today and all that it brings, for it is all about you today!
How to End or Sign Off a greeting card
- Here’s to you!
- Birthday Cheers!
- Make a wish!
- Happy wishes to you!
- Stay cool!
Personalise your message to friends, family & loved ones.
For a Friend
- Happy Birthday to an amazing, wonderful friend
- Thank you for always being such a delightful friend
- Happy Birthday to you [name], you make my life so much fun!
- May today remind you of how loved you are
- With each year that passes, I am more grateful to you
- For all the days you’ve put a smile on my face, thank you!
For your Daughter
- I am so proud of the person you have grown into be
- From the first moment I saw you, I loved you with all my heart
- As each year passes, you grow more beautiful both inside and out
For your Sister
- With each birthday that passes, I am more grateful and glad to have you as my sister
- My best friend, my confidant, my sister, may this day bring you everything you wish for
For your Partner / Wife / Husband
- May today be just as amazing and wonderful as you are.
- You mean everything to me, I hope this day brings you much happiness.
- I am so grateful that you are in my life, I love you.